Header courtesy of tukangjalanjalan
You had your itinerary, everything is going to be alright. Your hotel’s booking already paid, your travel agent already arrange all the knick-knack, and suddenly, some X-factor happened and forced you to sleep at the airport.
Well, this is just one scenario that might happen during your holiday. It is not a big deal if you have some extra money to, let say book another hotel room. But if the schedule are tight and you don’t have extra cash, you can considering the option of sleep at the airport. There are several reason someone choose to sleep at the airport, mainly was caused by the flight schedule. If you are not a so morning person and do not want to wake up in the early morning to catch up your schedule, here are the tips to sleep at the airport, especially at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport.
Go to Terminal 1A. There, you can see area named Red Corner or kind of food court with several food and beverage vendors. You can see some passengers enjoying their coffee or snack while waiting for the plane.
Feel uncomfortable to others? You can move to the long couch and sofas available at the Red Corner. There are also place such these, with the long couch and sofas to rest, in all waiting spot at the airport.
- Use suitcase lock or sort of lace to tie all your baggage into one bunch.
- Bring a blanket or warm clothes. If it is possible, you may take your sleeping bag. These will help you to sleep anywhere (as long as it is permitted).
- Wear a warm clothes or long sleeve. Airport can be so cold plus the air conditioner will make it colder.
- Prepare some snack, books or other stuff to spend your time while waiting for the flight.
- Come earlier. When you go to airport at the middle of the night, it is a certainty that some of the spot are already filled or occupied.
- Put your baggage on your reach and perimeter, where you can see all your stuff.
- Put your alarm. You don’t want to miss your flight, do you?
Enjoy your “sleep over” at the airport and hope you don’t miss your flight. (source : bandara)